Sunday 17 August 2014

Day 38: cutting out

Starting to cut out at long last. It's a couple of hours work and I ran out of time tonight (plus it's better to do it during the day when the light is better). But here's the notes and the main pattern pieces pinned to the fabric.

I make the notes not because I think they will end up in a university library but because these days I (1) am forgetful so have to make a note about what I'm doing, and (2) usually have several projects on the go at any one time and if I don't get round to something for a couple of weeks I can look to remember what I was doing.



















Also doing a project that looks repetitive but in fact isn't is Kathleen. Kathleen is handstitching a quiltblock every day. They sort of look the same but actually they are different shades and will, I suspect, in the end form a rainbow-style pattern. So this is for my Mum, who is also a quilter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.