Saturday 9 August 2014

Day 30: group photo

Today I let the little suckers out of their box and organised them into a rough pattern on a piece of the red fabric I will be using to make the cape. I've heightened the contrast in the photo to make the red look more like it does in real life, although it's still a bit bright.




















And the moment you've all been waiting for: here is a scan of the cape pattern. It's a simple burdastyle (12/2009) pattern. It's not as full as the idea I've ripped off but that's mostly because I'm vertically challenged and full coats look stupid on me (I have conceded defeat, and my much-loved full length woolen trenchcoat is going to be recycled into a Chanel-style jacket). I'll keep the collar on because it can get a bit nippy at an Auckland bus stop - maybe I'll embroider it or something - and have yet to decide whether to make some buttons or use self-covered buttons with bound buttonholes.  I'm leaning towards the self covers/bound buttonhole option but am shying off because it's a lot of work. I'll keep you posted. 




















Lastly, here's a sketch form Maggie inspired by her garden. It's an empty nest - but fear not! The tuis are back at our place heralding the return of spring. This nest probably won't be empty for long.
Au revoir for now.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.