Monday 8 September 2014

Day 60: lizards!

As promised, two flowers today, which just managed to be squeezed into the end of the fabric strip. I needed to rethread the machine so opted for the variegated thread. No special reason, just because.


















I got overexcited about my screenprinting kit again today and printed some lizards onto some linen shirting bought especially for this project. It's a nicer green than it looks in the photo and works well with the black printing ink. At some stage I recalled printing ink needs to be handled with care because it gets EVERYWHERE. Indeed, one shirt front made the ultimate sacrifice and some more fabric will be required. 

Here's the lizards on the back of the shirt. (Yes I know one of them is smudged but just don't look too hard.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.