Sunday 7 September 2014

Day 59: nautilus

No flower today (two tomorrow I promise). But! I have an excuse, and that is that I have spent nearly all day tarting up a dull old shirt with a nautilus. The aim was to get some more practice in with the sewing machine using different fabric and a slightly different technique. It mostly worked, with a couple of hiccups along the way. And then, because I am still really excited about the screenprinting set and the CRM flowers I thought I'd fill the sections with screenprint paint to see what happened. There was a bit of beginner's luck on hand: no ink got spilled, nothing got painted over the border and no paintbrushes went flying across the room only to land in the clean washing. There's a couple of minor not-quite-rights, but it's a reasonable first effort IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.